Manchester: Studio Manager / Administrator
At jmarchitects we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. Our team is dynamic, innovative, and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity, and the quality of the projects we deliver.
A Studio Manager/Administrator is sought for our Manchester city centre practice. The successful candidate will be the assured and professional face and voice of the firm to its visitors and callers as well as the go-to support person for the busy architectural team.
Duties will include assisting the Manchester Directors and Seniors with office planning, projections, monthly billings and submission of data to Head Office, maintaining and updating office procedures and acting as the office Fire Marshall and Health & Safety officer.
He or she will also have a range of other support duties including typing of letters and other correspondence, ordering and maintaining office supplies, booking travel, and generally keeping the office running smoothly.
Bid Support: This person will have a bid support role involving collaboration with the bid team and Directors across our UK locations using common desktop publishing software such as Photoshop and InDesign.
Meeting and Event Management: Provide support for an extensive range of meetings.
Planning, managing, and organising client and staff events and providing administrative support such as sending invitations, booking venues and arranging transportation
Social Media: Update and post all relevant social media posts and assist in the update of the website in conjunction with other colleagues in the office.
- Self-motivated, proactive, a quick learner, highly organised and able to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision. Familiarity working in a dynamic environment is necessary. Furthermore, excellent communication, coordination skills and ability to deal confidentially with information are important.
- Experience in a professional and demanding environment requiring tact, judgment, and discretion in handling internal and external contacts.
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Good computer literacy speed and accuracy essential.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to maintain balance among multiple priorities, with attention to detail and quality delivery.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Experience of diary management, researching and booking of travel and accommodation.
- Take-up of additional responsibilities and challenges.
- Proactive and flexible in approach.
No agencies please.
jmarchitects is enthusiastically committed to promoting equality and diversity in all our offices.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should submit a CV and covering email.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Sick pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manchester, M1 6HS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Applications can be submitted through Indeed.